[Xastir] Xastir V1.9.8 and MySQL

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Apr 13 22:46:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 07:40:51PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <wa7oef at wa7oef.net> flavor, containing:
> Guess this list doesn't like html e-mail.
> Trying again.
>

> Hi all,
> I want to hook xastir to my sql. The docs say there's a script called
> db_gis_xxxxx.sql in the scripts directory. I haven't found one in
> this release or the previous xastir. Has anyone hooked mysql up to
> xastir recently?

It's in the scripts directory of the source code, not the installed
script directory.

It is also not exactly right --- everyone who has used it has had to tweak it
a little to make it something that can actually be used as input to the
mysql or pgsql command line programs.

There were also significant bugs in 1.9.8 related to mysql and pgsql support.
These were fixed a month or so after 1.9.8 was released.  To get those
fixes you'll need to go with CVS, not a release.

 "It is better to live on your feet than to die with your knees."
  -- Mil Millington on running, in Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life