[Xastir] Xastir V1.9.8 and MySQL

wa7oef wa7oef at wa7oef.net
Tue Apr 13 23:09:53 EDT 2010

Tom Russo wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 07:40:51PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <wa7oef at wa7oef.net> flavor, containing:
>
>> Guess this list doesn't like html e-mail.
>> Trying again.
>>

>> Hi all,
>> I want to hook xastir to my sql. The docs say there's a script called
>> db_gis_xxxxx.sql in the scripts directory. I haven't found one in
>> this release or the previous xastir. Has anyone hooked mysql up to
>> xastir recently?
>>

> It's in the scripts directory of the source code, not the installed
> script directory.

I just don't see it:
root at mertz:/root/src/xastir-1.9.8/scripts# ls
Coordinate.pm        get_shapelib.sh       mapfgd.pl        toporama50k.pl
Makefile             gpx2shape             object2shp.pl    track-get.pl
Makefile.am          icontable.pl          overlay.pl
update_langfile.pl
Makefile.in          inf2geo.pl            ozi2geo.pl       values
Xastir_tigerpoly.py  kiss-off.pl           permutations.pl  values.in
coord-convert.pl     langElmerFudd.pl      pos2shp.pl       values.pl
get-NWSdata          langMuppetsChef.pl    slideshow.pl     values.pl.in
get-fcc-rac.pl       langOldeEnglish.pl    split_gnis.bash  waypoint-get.pl
get-gnis             langPigLatin.pl       split_gnis.pl    xastir-fixcfg.sh
get-maptools.sh      langPirateEnglish.pl  test_coord.pl
xastir-migrate.sh
get-pop              mapblast2geo.pl       toporama250k.pl

It's not in:  /src/xastir-1.9.8/src   either.
Everything else configured and built just fine.
I will grab the CVS. I'm ready to tweak.  The get-maptools.pl and
get_shapelib.sh scripts  seemed to work good.
-Chuck WA7OEF