[Xastir] Maps from picture files (ie JPG, etc)

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Apr 17 18:11:01 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 03:27:02PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n8fau15 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Hello all:
>
> Radio Mobile creates files in JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.  It creates the .geo file
> as well. I did modify it to Xastir standards for .geo file (using tabs, not
> spaces). I get a big black hole where the picture should be....
>
> I'm missing something and I've tried all of the picture formats......

What system, what version of Xastir, and what version of Graphics/ImageMagick
(you can get this information in the Help->About menu)?

Versions of Xastir prior to December 4th, 2009 will display images as black
rectangles if you're using GraphicsMagick and GM is compiled with 8 bit quanta.
Version 1.9.8 was released with this fix.

If you installed Xastir as a binary package, it is likely older than that.  If
you installed from source and it's older than that, you should upgrade.

 "It is better to live on your feet than to die with your knees."
  -- Mil Millington on running, in Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life