[Xastir] Am I actually getting RF to APRS

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:32:34 EDT 2010

> When I go to FindU and look at the raw packets for my station (KC9NVN) I can see traffic. But I don't know if it internet traffic or RF. I've tried to send messages to a couple of people but so far I've not gotten an answer.

Take a look at http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KC9NVN

You'll see some packets with "TCPIP*,qAC". This means those packets
were originated on the internet.

Other packets list a digipeater and "qAR". qAR means the packet was
received over the radio.

So, it looks like you have the system correctly working over the radio
and the internet.

It's common to not get a response to messages. Many APRS trackers are
not message-capable, and the messaging system is somewhat unreliable
anyway.

Tom KD7LXL