[Xastir] Am I actually getting RF to APRS

n.heyen at comcast.net n.heyen at comcast.net
Tue Apr 20 11:10:45 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

I think I've got my digi/igate setup and running. But there is so little traffic out here, I can't really tell. And I'm basically a complete newbie about all this as well.

When I go to FindU and look at the raw packets for my station (KC9NVN) I can see traffic. But I don't know if it internet traffic or RF. I've tried to send messages to a couple of people but so far I've not gotten an answer.

I have a Tiny Trak 4 (TT4) in KISS mode, running Xastir 1.9.8 on Ubuntu 9.10 with a real serial port (not a USB converter).

Can some one tell if I'm even close to being operational?

Thanks!

Norman