[Xastir] AX25 MKISS & Ubuntu 10.04

ml41782 ml41782 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 12:14:59 EDT 2010

Good morning to all,

I'm running ubuntu 10.04 using ax25. I have gone as far as grabbing the latest
from http://www.linux-ax25.org/wiki/Main_Page

I did this because I wanted to setup a KPC9612 to my system and explore APRS at
9600 on UHF.

I can't seem to get it to work and it appears that I'm not alone. I was hoping
to get some input from folks to help me get this working.

Here is the cmd as it is run

 /usr/sbin/mkiss -s 9600 /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/ptyq0 /dev/ptyq1

Here is the response. The same one I got before I upgraded the ax25 library /
apps & tools

mkiss: open: No such file or directory

It didn't matter if it was the /dev/ttyS0 port or the /dev/ttyUSB0 port. I got
the same message.