[Xastir] Help on error msg...

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 16:54:34 EDT 2010

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I'll investigate to see if I can get Xastir working with the newer
> libraries.  I really like having topo map support compiled in.  I'll
> report back if I find anything.

Huh.  What was that, 10 minutes?  Surprised me how quick this could
be solved.  I thought it might be a long drawn-out couple-of-weeks
affair.

Make the top of xastir/src/map_tif.c look like this:

//#include "xtiffio.h"
#include "libgeotiff/xtiffio.h"
//#include "geotiffio.h"

//#include "geo_normalize.h"
#include "libgeotiff/geo_normalize.h"

That should make it compile with the newer libgeotiff packages.  On
my system they moved the libgeotiff files from "/usr/include/" to
"/usr/include/libgeotiff/" which broke the includes in "map_tif.c".

I need to fix this in a way that Xastir knows what to do for either
configuration, for backwards compatibility, so I can't just commit
the above to CVS.

For reference, this is OpenSuSE-11.2 64-bit with these (possibly
related to this bug) RPM packages installed:

     geotiff-1.3.0-8.1.x86_64
     libgeotiff2-1.3.0-8.1.x86_64
     libgeotiff-devel-1.3.0-8.1.x86_64

     libtiff3-32bit-3.8.2-145.4.1.x86_64