[Xastir] Help on error msg...

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 16:35:00 EDT 2010

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010, Larry Shields wrote:

> *When I am compiling xastir-1.9.9 Iam getting this error, might anyone know
> why...???*

> map_tif.c:1919: error: 'PHOTOMETRIC_MINISBLACK' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> map_tif.c:1936: error: 'PHOTOMETRIC_MINISWHITE' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> map_tif.c:1979: warning: implicit declaration of function 'TIFFScanlineSize'
> map_tif.c:2400: error: 'TIFFTAG_GEOPIXELSCALE' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

I just updated some of the packages here on OpenSuSE-11.2 and got
into problems compiling geotiff support into Xastir.

I had been using geotiff-1.2.4 but tried the 1.2.5 and 1.3.0
versions that are in the repositories now.  They don't work.  Now
that I've upgraded away from 1.2.4 it's not given as a downgrade
option to me anymore.  I'm sure I could seek out the 1.2.4 RPM's
and re-install them, but it would be better if we could use the
newer packages as the old packages are just going to get
older/harder to find.

I'll investigate to see if I can get Xastir working with the newer
libraries.  I really like having topo map support compiled in.  I'll
report back if I find anything.