[Xastir] Help on error msg...

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun Aug 1 22:32:32 EDT 2010

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Curt, WE7U wrote:

>> I'll investigate to see if I can get Xastir working with the newer
>> libraries.  I really like having topo map support compiled in.  I'll
>> report back if I find anything.
>
> Huh.  What was that, 10 minutes?  Surprised me how quick this could
> be solved.  I thought it might be a long drawn-out couple-of-weeks
> affair.
>
> Make the top of xastir/src/map_tif.c look like this:

> //#include "xtiffio.h"
> #include "libgeotiff/xtiffio.h"
> //#include "geotiffio.h"
>
> //#include "geo_normalize.h"
> #include "libgeotiff/geo_normalize.h"
>
> That should make it compile with the newer libgeotiff packages.  On
> my system they moved the libgeotiff files from "/usr/include/" to
> "/usr/include/libgeotiff/" which broke the includes in "map_tif.c".

  I just did a cvs update and recompile on my ubuntu 10.04 system.  On this
system, I had to insert 'geotiff/' instead of 'libgeotiff/' as in your
example above.
   Of course, Ubuntu has to do it a bit different...

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009