[Xastir] Help on error msg...

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Aug 2 14:11:34 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 10:54:57AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, Lee Bengston wrote:
>
> > Thanks Curt!  That should help a lot.
>
> For what it's worth, on a couple of my systems I now have this
> script:

>      > cat configure.suse
>      #!/bin/sh
>
>      ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/libgeotiff"

I've been doing this for almost as long as I've run Xastir --- BSD needs
a couple of CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS just to configure.   Rather than doing
in-source builds, I have a build directory for each special build (debugging,
or non-standard option testing) I do, each with its own "reconfigure" script
for that special case.

You really otter try using build directories instead of in-source builds.  You
might find that your 20-or-so-per-day build-from-scratch sessions would be
easier.

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."