[Xastir] Help on error msg...

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 01:12:45 EDT 2010

Lee wrote:

> For quite some time now, Debian, Ubuntu, and other Debian based
> distro's have had a similar problem.  The geotiff library from the
> repos has been installing in /usr/include/geotiff.  We've been
> getting around it by running configure as follows:
>
> ../configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/geotiff"
>
> It's in the installation notes for Ubuntu 10.04 as well as some of
> the earlier versions.

For OpenSuSe use this line instead:

     ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/libgeotiff"

I just made a tweak to configure.ac (run bootstrapsh to regenerate
configure) which checks for the libgeotiff include files.  If Xastir
can't find those, the summary table at the end of the configure
stage will have this line:

       GeoTiff (USGS Topos & Aerial Photos) ... : no

Prior to that will be a warning line like this:

     *** Warning: geotiff include files not found.

That should alleviate any problems with thinking one has geotiff
support and then getting most of the way through the compile before
it breaks.  Now it breaks sooner, so you can add in a configure line
like the above to fix it and _then_ compile.

Thanks for the heads-up on that Lee!