[Xastir] Installing Xastir 1.9.9 on Ubuntu

John Wilson kc4lzn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 15:52:07 EDT 2010

On 08/02/2010 03:44 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, John Wilson wrote:
>
>> This is what I got after I got past the motif error./
>>
>> xastir 1.9.8 has been configured to use the following
>> options and external libraries:
>
> 1.9.8?  You've either got the wrong version or you need to run
> ./bootstrap.sh first to re-create the configure script from scratch.
> Of course bootstrap.sh requires some other tools you might not have
> installed yet (autoconf/automake).
>
> If you snagged CVS sources, then run bootstrap.sh.  If you snaged
> the stable release, go back and snag the development release done
> yesterday (Aug 1st release).
>
> You won't have OpenStreetMap support with anything less.

I followed these instructions on the CVS Update portion of the site:

/Here are the commands to do if you want a clean build of the latest
sources, and want configure to recheck all the libraries and header
files that Xastir needs: /

/         cd xastir
         cvs update (snag all the latest changes)
         ./bootstrap.sh/
         ./configure

I too, saw the 1.9.8. but followed the instructions...did I miss something?

John