[Xastir] tiled maps shared with tangogps

Jerry Dunmire jerry at dunmire.org
Mon Aug 9 18:14:03 EDT 2010

Hi Piotr,
If you set debugging to 512 (-v 512) the tiles will not be removed
when a read error occurs. Then you can examine the tile file for
possible problems. A common problem (but I don't think it is the one
you are having) is that the host returns a 404 when the tile is not
found on the server. The resulting .png file in that case is a text
file and not an image file.

The png.c file is not a part of Xastir, so the error is being reported
from a library. It will help to know which distribution you are using,
which graphics library (Imagemagick or Graphicsmagick) and whether
your build is configured to used curl or wget.

Given that the error messages are memory related it would also be good
to know how much memory your system has available and the window size
you are using for xastir.

73,
...jerry
KA6HLD