[Xastir] tiled maps shared with tangogps

Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski curious at bwv190.internetdsl.tpnet.pl
Mon Aug 9 18:21:34 EDT 2010

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Jerry Dunmire wrote:

> Hi Piotr,
> If you set debugging to 512 (-v 512) the tiles will not be removed
> when a read error occurs. Then you can examine the tile file for
> possible problems. A common problem (but I don't think it is the one
> you are having) is that the host returns a 404 when the tile is not
> found on the server. The resulting .png file in that case is a text
> file and not an image file.
>
> The png.c file is not a part of Xastir, so the error is being reported
> from a library. It will help to know which distribution you are using,
> which graphics library (Imagemagick or Graphicsmagick) and whether
> your build is configured to used curl or wget.
>
> Given that the error messages are memory related it would also be good
> to know how much memory your system has available and the window size
> you are using for xastir.
>
> 73,
> ...jerry
> KA6HLD

Hello. I've tried to install xastir on another system, with wget
and it works. difference inbetween systems is mainly used libc
(the non-working system uses uclibc)

previous version (the one without tile cache) was working fine on
uclibc machine.
memory is quite avail, free reports over 1.8G of swap and 91M totally free
ram (out of 610M physical ram avail)

xastir also fails to exit (it needs to be killed with -9 signal) when
it tries to 'remove' broken tile.

i will try upgrading libpng, so far i've upgraded curl (no help)
and then recompiled it with wget (did not change a thing either).