[Xastir] [Ubuntu-hams] New Xastir binary package for Ubuntu

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 19:32:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM, David A Aitcheson
<david.aitcheson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Well some how a Launchpad PPA needs to stay reasonably close to the
> latest CVS so it is more current than 1.9.4 that is currently in the
> repository that is totally broken with the loss of Tiger Maps.
>
> Do what you can if you can, otherwise I'll clean the mess up starting in
> late December after Fall semester finals are done, and hope to get the
> mess cleaned up by late January when Spring semester starts.
>
> If someone can script a daily or weekly update to a PPA that is named
> "XASTIR" that would then be picked up by Debian/Ubuntu then most of the
> problems would be solved.  I do not have the time or knowledge to do so
> at this time.
>
> At 52 years old I _NEED_ to concentrate on my senior semesters at
> university and get this Bachelors of Technology degree in Alternative
> and Renewable Energy Systems done period.
> http://www.canton.edu/csoet/alt_energy/
>
> 73
> Dave
> KB3EFS
>
> Key: 0x897A0CC0
> Fingerprint: 6E6B 8F72 56EF 32FD 6C64 5F65 37D9 01FC 897A 0CC0

I've been conversing with Kamal KA6MAL lately regarding the Xastir PPA
version on the Ubuntu Hams IRC channel.  One of the Debian guys
themselves is packaging up our development tarball of 1.9.9 from
August 1st, which is in the pipeline for Debian (I think it was done
in time to get into Squeeze).  Kamal is maintaining his PPA for the
time being, but upon discussions between he and I, as soon as I can
get my mind around how to make debian packages, I'm going to take that
over from him.  My ultimate goal is to have my own Xastir PPA updated
every 2 weeks (or maybe faster, if something important goes in).

Jeremy, KE0MD