[Xastir] is it possible to choose priority of tiled OSM maps?

Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski curious at bwv190.internetdsl.tpnet.pl
Tue Aug 10 22:45:57 EDT 2010

excuse me if it was already discussed/obvious,
but let's assume i want to use both cycle and mapnik,
cycle provides me more data (esp. elevation), so i
would like to get it displayed whenever possible (so 'top' layer).

unfortunatelly on high
zoom levels some tiles are not available, but are avail on mapnik, which i
would like to see in places where cyclemaps are missing (so 'lower' layer)

if i select both sources, mapnik gets rendered 'over' cyclemap,
so it's quite not what i would like to see...

also i bit oppose against RED (omg!) tiles, just none rendered sound
sensible, esp. in case one has some i.e. shapefile or other maps
which could fill the gaps, and being choosen in parallel.