[Xastir] Soundmodem installation error

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Wed Aug 11 22:27:01 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:06:54PM -0400, John Wilson wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 09:39 PM, James Cameron wrote:
> >On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 01:18:56PM -0400, John Wilson wrote:
> >>Because there isn't a compiled .015 version out yet, [...]
> >0.15 is the current version that is compiled and packaged on Debian
> >testing.
> >
> My apologies...new at this and didn't find one, guess I didn't look
> on the right site.
>
> Links?

1.  http://packages.debian.org/soundmodem
2.  http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/soundmodem

I can't remember what you are running, sorry.  Can only approximate a
solution.

If you're running Debian stable, then you may briefly swing sources.list
to Debian testing, aptitude update, aptitude install soundmodem, and
then return the source list to normal.  Only the necessary packages will
be updated.

If you're running an Ubuntu, Debian, or other Debian derivative, you can
obtain the soundmodem 0.15 packaging files and build them locally.  In
link [2] above you can find (right-hand side, blue box) links to .dsc,
.orig.tar.gz and .debian.tar.gz ... and these can be downloaded,
unpacked with "dpkg-source -x" and then built into a .deb with
"dpkb-buildpackage".

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/