[Xastir] tiled maps shared with tangogps

Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski curious at bwv190.internetdsl.tpnet.pl
Tue Aug 10 23:47:50 EDT 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010, Jerry Dunmire wrote:

> Hi Piotr,
> I too saw a seg fault when I was first implementing the tiling code
> that made me worry that I was destabilizing the system. On further
> examination of older versions I found I could recreate the problem but
> I have not had a chance to purse it further. It sounds a bit like your
> problem since it involves re-indexing the maps:
>
>      - select worldhi.map and others
>      - with map chooser up, re-index all maps
>      - deslect worldhi.map and apply
>
>      After this occurs the .xastir/config/map_index.sys does not list
>      the worldhi.map anymore.
>
>      Problem does not appear to occur with the now shortend
>      map_index.sys file. It also does not occur if I remove
>      worldhi.map from the map directory.
>
> If you want to purse getting a log file, I'm sure that would help. If
> you don't have the time at this point I understand- it will get to the
> top of my list at some point.

http://83.18.229.190/tmp/problem_1.log
http://83.18.229.190/tmp/problem_2.log

first one was just selecting worlhi.map and apply. poof.

another log is after restart. no maps can be enabled. i've tried
to re-create your algorithm. no map can show up either, nothing happens
at all.

i had to re-start xastir several times to make tiled maps display again.