[Xastir] soundmodem update

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:54:43 EDT 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Jim Alles wrote:

> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/soundmodem/0.15-1

For what it's worth, I downloaded the 0.15 sources earlier this week
and did the usual ./configure/make/make install.  It compiled with a
lot of warnings bug it compiled.  It installed into the default
location of /usr/local/*

I removed the RPM I had of soundmodem-0.10 (really old).

This was on an OpenSuSE-11.2 64-bit machine.

> I also got the lastest Xastir binary, all went without a hitch.
>
> Thanks all, I like the tiled maps (I have a slow machine ;)

Have you tried the Shapefile versions of the same?  If you have a
slow machine and the colors don't make you puke too much, it will
speed things up for you a lot.  Latest CVS has the dbfawk files for
the Cloudmade OSM Shapefile extracts.  Just download those extracts
for your state, index them, and you're good to go.  Vector maps are
SO much faster than raster.