[Xastir] Item

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 13:28:52 EDT 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:

> There's a 2008 specification for Item-In-Message
> (http://www.aprs.org/aprs12/item-in-msg.txt) as a way to send an APRS
> object directly to an APRS recipient via an APRS message.  I've
> implemented this in APRSISCE/32 and am about to provide a user interface
> to send such messages.  Before I do, I was wondering if xastir supports this
> functionality.

No, we don't.  I think you'll be the first.

Do you support assigning tactical calls across the air?  That's
something we implemented in Xastir for support of Events, but the
user interface for doing so is not obvious.  We need to work on that
to make it easier.  I usually have to look at my notes or the code
to remember how to send a tactical call assignment.