[Xastir] Update Notice: OSM tile support changes

Jerry Dunmire jerry at dunmire.org
Mon Aug 16 15:21:04 EDT 2010

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the log. I don't see any errors either, but I didn't expect
that it would be that easy. I do see a difference between the image
info in your log and mine:

mine: #a7a7a7 XC 1280x1024+0+0 PseudoClass 95c 8-bit 2.810u 0:04
(425.2K pixels/s)

yours: #a7a7a7 XC 1536x1280+0+0 PseudoClass 256c 16-bit 1.330u 0:02
(1.4M pixels/s)

The 8-bit/16-bit looks suspicious to me, but I will probably have to
instrument some code to figure out what and why.

I am also wondering if any of the transparency code I've implemented
is working for you. Do the OSM and CC-BY-SA logos have transparent
background for you? See attached for an example of how the should look
(I used the mapnik tiles for this example).

...jerry