[Xastir] [tiling] reading tiles slow

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 14:10:59 EDT 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Jerry Dunmire wrote:

> If there were a way to switch projections that would likely be better,
> but I didn't see any support in the code for such a switch. Maybe I
> missed something?

Nope.  Until recently the only thing we used libproj for was to
convert the four cut-line corners of a USGS geoTIFF topo map to the
right datum.

> combining bitmaps might not
> be a common and useful enough feature and perhaps it should be dropped
> in order to speed up the load times.

I don't know how many layer rasters on top of rasters.  It's common
for the radar images where you can set one transparent color so that
it overlays nicely without obscuring, but for everything else they
obscure the underlying rasters.

It's more common (on my machines anyway) to overlay vector maps on
top of rasters.