[Xastir] [tiling] reading tiles slow

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 14:14:21 EDT 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Tom Hayward wrote:

> My use case: At a public service event, displaying one JPEG .geo map
> (sourced from a scanned handout from race officials, unknown
> projection) over a sea of OSM maps.

Yes, I do that as well, a detailed race map (raster) on top of a
background of other raster maps.

> It would be nice if projection was a configuration option, although I
> would guess a lot of code modification would be required to slip this
> in, and could be prone to bugs if something was missed.

It would require changes to quite a lot of code.  We've not thought
down the road of changing Xastir's projection to fit the map before.

Tom has mentioned that the maps Xastir prints out are useless for
compass navigation because of the projection.  Just another data
point.