[Xastir] Item

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 00:12:08 EDT 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:

> Oh, and I think having a time limit on the display of received re-assignments
> would be a good idea so that the re-assigned calls don't stick in any client
> that happened to catch the assignment but not the de-assignment at the end of
> the event.  Say 24 hour reflectivity after receipt and then you could have
> the master station send the assignment periodically during the event just to
> pick up any newly monitoring clients.  Then after the event, possibly
> broadcast the de-assignment for a while (kind of like an object Kill) but
> still rely on the client-side timers to take it out anyway.
>
> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Trying to avoid support emails like "why is my station
> showing up as SAG-5 on XXX's display?"

Ha.  Getting pulled down into the muck and mire of support is a
given.  How one gets pulled in and how hard one fights are the only
variables.

I'm not looking for more stuff to do on Xastir-1 right now (see my
message from earlier today), but your ideas should go onto our
feature request list on Sourceforge so they're not forgotten.  You
don't have to have a Sourceforge login to submit items there, but if
you forget to sign them we don't know who submitted them:  We can't
ask for clarification later if/when people are working on code.

Care to add those?  It's best for the person proposing them to add
the item.  That way paraphrasing errors don't creep in.