[Xastir] Item

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:34:45 EDT 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:

> So any direct RF receiver like D7xx and Yaesu's devices will still see
> WE7U-12 for this station.  Hm, I'd think that's almost worse than not having
> the tactical call...

Depends on whether you're having the mobiles/portables in an event
interpret their displays.  For the Seattle Marathon event and for
bicycle and similar events we're using mobile trackers as SAG
vehicles and weather trucks and the like.  We determine where they
are via the tracker and dispatch them via voice.  The net control
stations are the ones that need to see the SAG or WATER tac-calls.

> But, I'm not the judge.  If you've got it, have you submitted it to Bob for
> inclusion in the specs?

Nope.  We just implemented the tac-call assignment method that has
been in APRS+SA for a number of years so that we'd be compatible.

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/Search_and_Rescue,_(SAR)#Tactical_Callsigns