[Xastir] problem serial/USB stick and Xastir

Kristoff Bonne kristoff.bonne at skypro.be
Thu Aug 19 02:50:41 EDT 2010

Hi Jason,

Op 18-08-10 20:53, Jason KG4WSV schreef:
>> It shows itself as "/dev/ttyUSB0" on my box (ubuntu 10.06 netbook release).
>>

>> However, I have a strange problem.
>> - When I use minicom to connect to my TNC2 using that USB device, all works
>> OK "device = /dev/ttyUSB0, setting = 9600/7/E/1"
>>
> You sure about that?  7 e 1?  It's usually 8 n 1.  (that's 7 data
> bits, even parity, one stop bit and 8 data bits, no parity, one stop
> bit respectively).

It is 7E1. If I configure 8N1, it is even worse.

It is all works OK in 7E1 in minicom and using the onboard serial port
on the other laptop.

> I seriously suspect that 7e1 is wrong and you need 8n1.

Well, while doing some further experimenting, I managed to get it
working yesterday-evening .. by switching the TNC to KISS-mode. (and
reconfiguring the interface in Xastir too, of course).

I guess what happens is that this forces the serial port to 8N1 and this
seams to solve my problem. :-)

Hoeray!! :-)

> -Jason
> kg4wsv