[Xastir] Xastir and Netbooks

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:17:03 EDT 2010

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, John Wilson wrote:

> Anyone been successful at installing Xastir and Soundmodem on a netbook?
>
> I have an HP Mini and have ran into a snag with the combination
> Mic/Headphone Jack in getting the sound to work with soundmodem. Haven't
> tried a legitimate TNC.

Not a problem with the mixer, or with the OS selecting optical
in/out ports by default is it?  I've had issues with some Linux
OS'es selecting optical I/O and making it difficult to find the
right mixer to switch back to analog.

I don't own a netbook yet, but would a SignaLink USB work for you?
I know it's an additional box and cable, but it gives you VOX PTT
control as well as a separate soundcard to use for Soundmodem.  I'm
using one on my base at home for playing with digital modes on HF,
and have brought up q15x25 mode with it as well using Soundmodem.