[Xastir] Serial port issues with Xastir on OS X

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 17:47:52 EDT 2010

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, Matt Kassawara wrote:

> Ah!  Changing the device to /dev/cu.PL2303-######## made Xastir much happier.
> I'm not sure exactly what goes wrong when I configure Xastir to use the other
> device, but the latter works fine with regular terminal applications.  As per
> the second part of my previous reply, I'm guessing Xastir still fails to
> read/write the serial port lock file, but apparently it doesn't affect
> operation.

Since several people have happily run on OSX for a while I was
wondering about that part of it myself.

The /dev/cu* vs. /dev/tty* thing reminds me of WAY back on Linux
when we kept having to change what device to talk to for terminals
and modems 'cuz the kernel driver folks kept changing their minds.
I remember using /dev/tty*, then going to /dev/cu*, then back to
/dev/tty*.

Glad you got it working!