[Xastir] OS X 10.6/Xastir/Maps

Chase Turner ke4qdl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 16:29:00 EDT 2010

I've been playing with it and I think the main problem was that I was using
an old build of Xastir.  I'm going to redo my install and get everything
into one place.  I was going to use macports, but it apparently won't let me
build xastir because it can't find the patches for db46.  So, I am going to
clean up all the mess I have made on the hard drive and see if that doesn't
fix things.

Not sure how imagemagick got on the system, but I do believe I've read where
it can be temperamental.

Of course, it doesn't help that I am not a command line guy (my first
computer was an Apple //e and have been an Apple guy ever since); however,
this trial by fire has certainly been insightful.

I do have another question- is the Keyspan USB/Serial still the recommended
cable for connecting a Tiny Track 4 to Snow Leopard/Xastir?  Once I get the
cable, how do I use Xastir to use the TT4 as a digi?  Simply selecting it in
Xastir, or is there some other thing I need to do first?

Thanks for all the help!

-Chase