[Xastir] UIView2XastirLog.pl

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Sat Aug 28 16:12:58 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Back in November 2009 Curt worked on a script called
'UIView2XastirLog.pl' that converts a UI-View32 log file to the Xastir
log format for replaying in Xastir. Works great. Today I went to run
it and wasn't able to locate it at first. Turns out it's in the Xastir
'scripts' directory ('~/src/xastir/scripts/' on my system), but
apparently didn't get copied to '/usr/local/lib/xastir/' during the
'make install' step.

I'm not sure if this was just an oversight, or maybe there's some
reason why it shouldn't get copied there? I had assumed it would be
there since that's where the other scripts end up installed at. Not a
big deal, but I thought I would let you know.

Also, I could use a script that converts in the opposite direction so
I can share my Xastir tnc.log files with UI-View32 users. If anyone
has some free time and wants to work on this it would be greatly
appreciated. I have some sample UI-View32 log files if they are
needed.

Thanks!

Kevin
KB9MQU