[Xastir] compile errors

Peter Barrett vk6fun at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 22:04:15 EST 2010

darn. i thought puppy linux was impervious to bogosity potential fields.
unfortunately there is no secondary computron emission attenuator
fitted to this machine.

all this means that "package management system" has no meaning for
this poor bogodynamicist.

i compiled shapelib from source but there was no install procedure. it
just made a few executables like shpcreate, shptest, dbfadd etc. i saw
nothing about  "proj"

i guess by proj.4 you mean install the tarball from this page
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/

i'm wondering if there are any configure options that can be set to
make xastir compile without any map stuff whatsoever. all i really
want is a program like this
http://users.belgacom.net/hamradio/uiss.htm

73devk6fun
pete