[Xastir] Still no luck with the THD72A

Javier Henderson javier at cisco.com
Sun Dec 5 09:30:28 EST 2010

So far, no dice. I made sure the HT is turned on and in PACKET12 mode before I plug it into one of the USB ports, the xastir executable has suid set, the definition of the serial KISS TNC points to the right file, and so on.

The tnc.log file gets written to when I tell xastir to transmit, but the rig never transmits. When data is received (ie, I send a beacon with another radio nearby) the little red arrow does not flash at the bottom of the screen on xastir.

ZTerm can talk to the TNC just fine, and I see the data coming in when beacons are received.

A datapoint that might have some bearing on this: I can run ZTerm at the same time xastir is running, without ZTerm complaining that the serial port is in use. I was expecting ZTerm to complain that the serial port is in use.

Permissions maybe?

I will try running xastir as root next.

73,
-jav w6vms