[Xastir] Xastir 2.0.0 on Arch Linux

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 12:44:11 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> The original question has something to do with the install-data-hook trying
> to copy files into $(mapdir), and the package creator trying to run those
> commands before $(mapdir) is created, it appears.  Without knowing anything
> about Arch linux's package management scheme, I can only guess why that is
> happening.  Is it possible that Arch's package maker sets "DESTDIR" to
> something other than a blank?  I can imagine that perhaps it is installing to
> some temporary location and then bundling everything up for install as a
> package.  If that's what it's doing, then the issue may be related to one
> that Jeremy Utley brought up back in November, and which was fixed in a
> post-Release-2.0.0 update.  Try building your package from CVS Xastir instead
> of the stable release tarball, and see if this problem goes away.

The above sounds right.  Jeremy Utley's message reported an error
associated with the text below:

install-data-hook:
       cd $(mapdir) && \
       rm -f CC_OpenStreetMap.png && \
       $(LN_S) CC_OpenStreetMap_logo.png CC_OpenStreetMap.png

Look familiar?  Jeremy was also building a binary package (for
Fedora), so it appears you have encountered the same issue.

Lee - K5DAT