[Xastir] Weather station type

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Dec 22 14:25:39 EST 2010

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010, clayj at nwlink.com wrote:

> Just to be clear - the "desired effect" here is that the string coming
> FROM Xastir includes the "Weather Station Type" for whatever weather
> station provided the data to Xastir, per the APRS spec.  Is that correct?
>
> Does annyone from the Dev team want to weigh in here?  It seems this is a
> bit "different", since now APRS won't know that Xastir is anywhere in the
> loop.
   Not really, the TOCALL still identifies Xastir as the originator of the
packet, the suffix identifies the specific source of the weather data
alone.  You really can have your cake and eat it too!

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009