[Xastir] APRS data visualization

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 16:35:55 EST 2010

I've often wished there was a way to view APRS weather data the way
weather is displayed on the evening news - e.g. take all that
temperature data and generate a shaded map overlay.

I smelled natural gas rather strongly on my way home the other night,
and thought that an APRS-enabled mobile detector could be used to
report gas concentrations, and this sort of visualization could be
useful there as well.

There may be ways to use simple RSS reports to assist with DFing a
target (e.g. fox, ELT), but I'll admit I haven't thought this one
through.

Does anyone know of a tool to generate such a map, or what terms I
should be googling?

--
-Jason
kg4wsv