[Xastir] Deb distro with Mepis 11 ?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 13:07:53 EST 2010

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010, Tony Hunt wrote:

> When are we going to get free from these cursed black maps in
> debian distros ? The problem has been there now for over 2 years.

The Xastir project doesn't do packaging of binaries.  We only
release source code.  It's up to the maintainers of the binary
packages for Debian to update those.

> Any quick fix ideas for this one ? I have not got alot of time to play about unfortunately.
> Ive installed xastir 1.94 from the repositries but unfortunately
> it still suffers from the black maps magic/motif problem in that
> release . I can make it work by converting the culprit jpg map
> files to gifs if I have to. Of course having v1.99 and OSM is
> something that would be really amazing also.

1.9.4 is very old.  1.9.9 is also old.  You want 2.0.0 (most recent
stable release) or 2.0.1 (latest CVS sources).

I always install from sources, plus don't use any of the
distributions you're talking about, so can't help you directly (I
use OpenSuSE mostly).

Peruse the Xastir Wiki pages and ask specific questions on this
mailing list if you have trouble:  You should be able to do your own
compile from sources fairly quickly.  After that you'll have
divorced yourself from dependence on the Debian package maintainers
and can always keep up with the latest.