[Xastir] My wish list

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Thu Feb 4 22:48:41 EST 2010

On Feb 4, 2010, at 10:38 PM, Mike L wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
> I dont think xastir will allow you to attempt two connections at once, as I
> accidentally added a second  interface the other day and xastir flagged it
> with an error on the interface control window.

Just tried it with Xastir 1.9.7 on my Mac, and if you add two different "Internet Server" interfaces, and tell them both to come up, it will connect to two servers at the same time.  I successfully connected to both oregon.aprs2.net and northwest.aprs2.net.

The reason why I mentioned it is because the Tier2 ops check every once in a while for duplicate connections into servers as a part of our monitoring of the network.  A while back someone had mentioned that the users they had talked to had disproportionately been Xastir users.  UI-View32 doesn't allow you to have multiple connections because it tries all of its internet servers in order that they're defined.  Xastir allows you to connect to as many servers as you have interfaces for them.

Anyhow, a polite request/reminder for folks on here.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com