[Xastir] Cygwin problem, probably routine

Rob Locher W7GH rob at idiompress.com
Thu Feb 4 23:29:51 EST 2010

Hi Curt and David, and thank you for venturing to answer my question.
Unfortunately I left out a crucial fact the first time around: XASTIR
worked just fine for a few days when I first installed it.  So I don't
think that the problem is with the installation.

(And for the record, I followed the old Cygwin install instructions first,
and ran into problems in the configure step.  David heard my pitiful cries
for help and unveiled the new Cygwin install instructions, which worked.)

Also I discovered that if I get the problem and kill XASTIR, then xterm
works again.  I previously reported that xterm doesn't respond to keyboard
or mouse events either once XASTIR stops responding.

I don't think that it has to do with the NumLock/CapsLock problem.  If I
forget to turn NumLock off and click on something in XASTIR, I get told
firmly but politely to turn off NumLock.

Also the problem seems to be somewhat intermittent; sometimes I can get
the right-click menu to work.  I've been playing with it, and I can't seem
to duplicate the problem every time.

This seems like a weird one.  I think I'll see if anyone in the Cygwin
community might have any ideas...

73,
- Rob W7GH