[Xastir] Niggly bits to make it work

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 00:59:48 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I spend a lot of time delving into the deep dark recesses of APRS.
>
> Doesn't that suggest a tinfoil hat and propeller beanie of your own?
> (only kidding, of course)

Hey, my tinfoil hat has a propeller!

> And I know I wasn't very quick with that - too busy fiddling with the
> pocket protector, I guess.  :-)

I did a murder mystery night with the family not long ago, and I had
to dress up as a nerd. I wore my regular clothes, used my Motorola
Canopy Training badge on a retractable leash as my name tag, I had my
Blackberry, and company pager (as I was on call), plus a gadget bag on
my belt full of nifty toys that I have collected. During the course of
the evening, I was instructed to try and find the person with the
largest flash drive... well, needless to say, I won that one, and you
didn't even have to add the capacity of all three drives that I had on
me at the time. (No, I didn't know about needing a flash drive before
hand). The only special things I did, was slick down my hair, wear
some glasses with tape on them, and hike my pants up a little higher
than usual... BTW, everyone really liked my pocket shoe shine kit!

I didn't even take any ham radio gear with me!

The photo proof is on Facebook...

James
VE6SRV