[Xastir] Installing Xastir on Mepis

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 22:35:04 EST 2010

On 2/5/10, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, gdw at kc4pl.com wrote:
>
>> Note: The following is a quick and dirty rough draft that assumes you are
>> familiar with Linux basics.  I did give it quick once over, but all
>> spelling
>> and grammar errors are included free of charge.
>
> Hi Gale,
>
> Can either Lee or yourself merge the two MEPIS 8.0 instructions on
> the Wiki together?  Lee created a new Wiki page for MEPIS yesterday.
> Here's what Lee said:

I really didn't want to merge in a procedure that used the
get-maptools script.  Although it probably still works, it installs
some things from source that are readily available from the Debian
repo's, and the few things that are still recommended to be installed
from source are newer versions that are already documented in the Wiki
page.  I think Tom pretty much explained it in the other thread in
more detail.

Thx,
Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX