[Xastir] topo maps

Rob Neece kk4r at cox.net
Mon Feb 8 21:37:53 EST 2010

Yes.  As I have recently discovered the versions in the repos are quite
old and often not built with all the necessary or desirable support
programs and libraries.  The folks on this reflector just carried me
through a build from source and the result was excellent.  Although you
are using Mint, there are how tos for several distributions, and your
should not be so different from some of the others.  Also, as I
discovered later, there is an install readme on the subject that is
pretty thorough.  Look at the xaster wiki site.

Here is a link to the how to that I used on the wiki:
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:MEPIS_8.0

Rob