[Xastir] topo maps

Murry murraybr at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Feb 8 20:26:11 EST 2010

Hi.
I have been using Xastir for some time, installed from the repos of
Linux Mint 5 and all was well. Got a bit antsy and upgraded to Linux
Mint 8 and with that comes Xastir 1.9.4. Now if I try to use the Canada
topo maps I get a black screen. I notice that it uses Graphicsmagick,
would that be the problem. I'm not a Linux pro, didn't know whether to
come here or go to the Mint forums. Pardon my ignorance, but is there a
means of using a Terminal and apt-get to install xastir without
graphicsmagick and with imagemagick?

Murry   VE9MB