[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.8 CRASHING: ***buffer overflow detected***

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Feb 9 11:20:09 EST 2010

On Feb 9, 2010, at 11:14 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Mike L wrote:
>
>>> From original subject: Re:[Xastir] So I built current
>>
>> I figured I might repost the crash with a subject line that may get
>> more attention
>>
>> --
>>
>> Here is my crash. It happened sometime over night, no one at the
>> computer.  My PC is a Pentium 4, 2.3GHz with 512 gb ram running
>> Kubuntu 9.10 and xastir 1.9.8 --with-postgres --with-mysql with
>> connections to APRS t2 and MySQL running.
>
> If it happened on my box I could force a crash dump, then look at it
> with GDB to figure out where the buffer overflow occured.

It looks like it's around line 1817 of db_gis.c that it's crashing out on.  There are a whole bunch of snprintfs that construct the aprs symbol, overlays and such.  Mike might want to throw some debugging in that area to see which of the snprintfs are causing the issue.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com