[Xastir] Topo Maps.

Dave H davekh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 05:07:05 EST 2010

John
I'm quite interested in using OSM map data - but not sure where to start,
can you describe the process - I'd really like some decent maps of the UK &
Ireland.

I've had a look at the linked OSP wiki - and not having juggled map data
around (aside from the inf2geo coversion too within Xastir) I'm not sure
where to start still. OpenGIS, I think is part of a distro, so probably
available - the 202gb Eurasia file might be a problem right now but external
HDDs are cheap these days (let alone what my ISP might think do to me after
downloading!), I may have problems with my pc chunking all the data as I
dont have pcs with loads of memory or >2.7GHz.. or have I got it wrong

Dave H G0CER