[Xastir] Topo Maps.

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 05:41:36 EST 2010

Hi Dave,

On 12 Feb 2010, at 10:07, Dave H wrote:

> John
> I'm quite interested in using OSM map data - but not sure where to start,
> can you describe the process - I'd really like some decent maps of the UK &
> Ireland.

For the road/rivers etc
I grabbed the shapefile data from
http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/

Back on the 4th of July 2009, Carl Makin posted a link to that companys site.

I took his initial dbfawk and did a small bit more. That's with the OSM data.

As to the link I put in the initial post.  That link explained a process for converting the SRTM data into shapefiles that xastir can use (Others will surely comment on whether it is 'fit for purpose'). As I don't have any other real source of free topography data. My question then was if anyone else had generated a dbfawk for this type of topo data or even had any recommentations.

Regards
John