[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.5 Cannot make on Debian Lenny 2.6.26

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 09:53:45 EST 2010

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Dean Groe wrote:

> I did run the bootstrap script before configure, basically right
> after using cvs to download the source and CD to the xastir
> directory.  I was also surprised that it was 1.9.5 .  I guess that
> I just assumed that cvs had not been updated.
> I used "-r STABLE xastir" at the end of the cvs download command.
> I did not do cvs update afterwards, since I assumed that I had
> just received the latest and greatest anyway, when I had just
> downloaded a few minutes before.  So what is the solution there?
> Do I still need to do cvs update?  Scratching my head on this one.

Looks like the STABLE tag is not automatically updated by the
release script.  This means you're running old code.

Try using the "-r xastir198" tag for now, or the latest CVS instead.

I'll see about revising the release documents (recently lost and
recovered, copied to a Wiki page now) to include setting the STABLE
tag again.  This one is entirely my fault as I'm the only one to
have done releases in the last umpteen years.  Guess I have to fix
it!  ;-)