[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.5 Cannot make on Debian Lenny 2.6.26

Chris kc2rgw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 23:41:23 EST 2010

I just edited map_tif.c and put these lines in

#include <geotiff/xtiffio.h>
#include <geotiff/geo_normalize.h>

At least on 9.10 Ubuntu 32 bit, there's some other issue with libs it
doesn't like as my build dies every few minutes with a buffer
overflow.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/12/10, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Dean Groe wrote:
>>
>>> As before, bootstrap and configure went OK, but make failed again on;
>>>
>>> map_tif.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/map_tif.Tpo -c -o map_tif.o map_tif.c
>>> map_tif.c:88:21: error: xtiffio.h: No such file or directory
>>> map_tif.c:91:27: error: geo_normalize.h: No such file or directory
>
> This looks like the same issue that comes up over and over again with
> Ubuntu, and now more recently with Mepis, and Debian.  Debian based
> distro's install the geotiff headers in /user/include/geotiff if
> geotiff is installed from the repository.  Xastir's configure script
> expects the headers in /user/include, which is where they are located
> if geotiff is installed from source.  So at the configure stage, use
> configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/geotiff" - if geotiff was installed
> from the Debian repository.
>
> Lee - K5DAT
> Murphy, TX

73      de     Chris       KC2RGW