[Xastir] {Dangerous Content?} Intel 82801H soundmodem

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Wed Feb 17 23:39:12 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 08:52:56PM -0600, Grant Siebrecht wrote:
> I have found that the Intel 82801H chip does not work with soundmodem
> and xastir.
> Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)

I've found it sometimes works, but it depends on the way the
manufacturer of the motherboard or laptop has integrated it.  It is a
very very flexible controller.

We're using it on One Laptop Per Child XO-1.5 at the moment, and I
thought I had done a soundmodem test with it already.  I'll see if I can
dig up the test results.

You may need to either grab a later kernel or apply ALSA driver fixes
over the top of your kernel.  Or you may need to configure the ALSA
driver differently; there are lots of options.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/