[Xastir] RC-D710 GPS data on Xastir

Nick nwsnowboarder at verizon.net
Sun Feb 28 22:35:30 EST 2010

I am getting zero satellites and unable to establish a fix for the GPS
readings

I am using an IC-2820H, into an RC-D710.  I have the GPS connected on
the 2820H, with output via the data port to the D710.  The D710
registers the GPS.  I then have the COM port from the D710 going to a
Keyspan serial-to-USB adapter, then into my MacBookPro.

In Xastir I am using the Serial TNC/GPS on AUX port as per the wiki and
I am receiving data from the D710. without any problems except for the
above mentioned GPS data.

Can anyone offer any thoughts why I would have zero satellites and
unable to establish a fix?

Cheers & 73,

Nick
N9SUB