[Xastir] dbinfo on Ubuntu 9.10

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Jan 2 16:00:11 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 12:56:57PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Sat, 2 Jan 2010, Robert Rogers wrote:
>
> > A long time ago I had dbfinfo working.... Of course that was 4 machines
> > ago....
> >
> > I tried to get it going on a couple of my laptops and it bombed out on
> > install...  Is there a trick specific to Ubuntu or something else....
>
> Check that you have PCRE plus the PCRE development headers installed
> before running configure.

That's dbfawk, not dbfinfo.  dbfinfo is one of the "contrib" programs from
shapelib --- and is not installed by the shapelib package on Ubuntu.  The only
option is to build shapelib from source and descend into the contrib directory
to build it.

Haven't tried that lately.  Might try on my 9.10 virtual machine and see if
there's some oddness that needs fixed.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation